Uber is a popular ride-hailing service that has become a convenient way to get around Baltimore City. However, like any other form of transportation, Uber accidents can happen. If you are involved in an Uber accident, it is important to know what to do.
What to Do in an Uber Accident in Baltimore City
Here are the steps you should take if you are involved in an Uber accident in Baltimore City:
- Make sure the driver stops and calls the police. This is important even if the accident is minor. The police will need to come and file a report, which will be necessary for your insurance claim.
- Take your own pictures and videos of the accident scene and the vehicles involved. This will help you document the accident and make it easier to remember what happened.
- Report the accident in the Uber app. This will help Uber investigate the accident and may help you get reimbursed for your medical expenses.
- Call a personal injury lawyer. A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options after an Uber accident. They can also help you file an insurance claim and negotiate a settlement.
Here are some additional tips for staying safe in an Uber accident:
- Always buckle your seatbelt.
- Be aware of your surroundings and watch out for other drivers.
- If you feel unsafe, ask the driver to pull over and let you out.
- Report any safety concerns to Uber.
By following these tips, you can help reduce your risk of being injured in an Uber accident.
File a Claim and Receive Compensation
If you are a passenger in an Uber and you are injured in an accident, you may be able to get compensated for your injuries even if the at-fault car did not have insurance. This is because Uber has a $1 million liability policy that covers its drivers and passengers.
To file a claim under Uber’s liability policy, you must contact Uber’s insurance company. The insurance company will investigate the accident and may ask you to provide medical records, witness statements, and other documentation. Once the insurance company has completed its investigation, they will make a decision about whether to pay your claim.
It is important to seek legal help as soon as possible if you are injured in an Uber accident. A personal injury lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options and protect your interests.
If you have been injured in an Uber accident in Baltimore City, please contact Attorney Big Al at 1-800-Hurt123. We are experienced personal injury lawyers who can help you get the compensation you deserve.